Monday, March 2, 2020

An MM List

Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.
~attributed to Lao Tzu


When I decided to put together a list of favorite Music Monday posts, I knew it was pretty much a case of Mr. Mack giving Mrs. Mack a stereo system. (In our family, that expression refers to when somebody gives a present that they will use the most themselves.) Here's your post for today! I am looking forward to using it! :-)

I didn't know how to divide a bunch of them, so I did it by song speed. There were some I wanted a middle designation for, but "Middler" seemed a little funny.

Faster
Caravan Palace: Miracle
Caro Emerald: That Man
City of the Sun: Everything
COIN: Simple Romance
Eric Clapton: Watch Out for Lucy
Fairground Saints: Can't Control the Weather
Isley Brothers: Fight the Power
J. Rabbit: Happy Things
Laura Mvula: Green Garden
Marina Satti: ΜΑΝΤΙΣΣΑ
Miranda Lambert: Gunpowder and Lead
Mint Royale: Blue Song
Old Dominion: No Such Thing as a Broken Heart
Otava Yo
Paolo Nutini: New Shoes
Radney Foster: A Little Revival
Revivalists: Keep Going
Saint Motel: Just My Type
SG Lewis: Aura
Tom Misch feat. De La Soul: It Runs Through Me
Vulfpeck: Animal Spirits

Slower
Allen Stone: Consider Me
Bluey Robinson and Jeremy Passion: Just Friends
Bobby McFerrin: Fix Me Jesus
Brooke Fraser: C.S. Lewis Song
Devin Dawson: All on Me
Pentatonix: Can't Sleep Love
PJ Morton feat. YEBBA: How Deep is Your Love
Samm Henshaw: Broke
Sarah Jarosz: Ring Them Bells
Steve Winwood: Can't Find My Way Home

Classical
Bach: Partita N°3 prelude
Beethoven: Ode to Joy
Beethoven: Symphony #7
Berlioz: Hungarian March
Brahms: Hungarian Dance #6
Dvořák: New World Symphony
Khachaturian: Masquerade
Mozart: Horn Concerto No.3
Rimsky-Korsakov: Snow Maiden
Rossini: Figaro
Saint-Saëns: Danse Bacchanale
Smetana: Die Moldau

Choral
Eric Whitacre: Alleluia
Orlande de Lassus: Le lagrime di San Pietro
Maximilian Steinberg: Passion Week
Handel: Messiah (For Unto Us a Child is Born)

2 comments:

Pop said...

Such good music!

Saw that you included a couple of my favorites: The Revivalists and the Fairground Saints. (After hearing them, I immediately downloaded their albums.)

But my all-time favorite wasn't included....Katzenjammer!

Tabatha said...

I didn't see Katzenjammer! When I was going through posts, if I lost my place, I didn't find it again. So I didn't see everything. There are some other posts (not Katzenjammer) that I didn't include because the songs make me sad for one reason or another. So this is not a complete list.