Monday, November 16, 2015

Alleluia

If there’s anything that I would like to do, it would be to turn people on to choral music. Choral music, and classical music in general, has to do with exposure. Ninety-five percent of the time, if you can just get someone in the room to see someone great, it’ll blow their minds. So, yes, if I can in any way become the gateway drug to choral music, that would be just fine.
~Eric Whitacre


I heard E.W.'s choir in concert two years ago, but it feels like yesterday. (At the time I thought that, if we were living a Doctor Who episode, they would be the thing that would convince the invaders not to exterminate our species. Yes...I am so much of a nerd that I think things like that.)

One of my favorite pieces of music. Seemed like something worth hearing this Music Monday:


No comments: