Monday, November 2, 2015

Their Vigils Keep

There is the Music of Heaven in all things and we have forgotten how to hear it until we sing.
~Hildegard of Bingen


I could have posted a video of Anonymous 4 singing in a beautiful church, which would be visually appealing and match the spirit of the song, but in a strange way, I found the juxtaposition of the music and the ordinary, comparatively bland background particularly poignant.


Gave me goosebumps:


I also like this more complicated version of Wayfaring Stranger by Ed Sheeran:


2 comments:

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

I'm with you on the goosebumps. Also love what Ed Sheeran did with Wayfaring Stranger!

HWY said...


The Anonymous Four (or, I guess, the Anonymous One plus fiddle) did a fantastic job with Wayfaring Stranger. It is such a poignant song and they did it proud.