Monday, August 7, 2017

Watch out for Lucy

The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too.
~Samuel Butler



We have a dog named Lucy who likes to go off with stuff and take it under the sofa, where she can eat it/chew on it to her heart's content. She's done that with lip balms, boiled eggs, donuts, pill bottles, shoes. If Lucy's backside is sticking out from under the sofa, it's a good idea to get down and see what she's got. Sometimes even just the way her collar is rattling will make me suspicious. Recently when my husband was away and he said he couldn't find tea that he thought I'd packed, I said, "Let me go look under the sofa." (It was there.)

This morning when I said, "Watch out for Lucy," this song started going through my head. There are no dogs in it, but plenty of trouble...



Eric Clapton

2 comments:

Pop said...


Well, I know Lucy personally and she's a real character. :-)

And now I'll have that song going through my head today, too.

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

I think Lucy's HR Representative would probably tell you it's in her job description. ;)