Do not train a child to learn by force or harshness; but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.
Mentor poems (and songs) today!
* If I could write like Tolstoy
by Laura Scott
by Eric Pankey
* April Incantation
by Maggie Dietz
* Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird
By Wallace Stevens
Ones I liked the idea of but didn't do:
* The Secret Shape (Alicia Ostriker)
by Hailey Leithauser
* Animal Couplets
* Double Dactyl
* Five things about...
* Found Poem from The Hare with Amber Eyes
* A Golden Shovel
* Ten Things Found in a Wizard’s Pocket
by Ian McMillan (List poem)
* Helen Keller by Langston Hughes (Bio poem)
A couple of funny country music inspirations:
* Nobody to blame but me
* A Half-Broke Heart
A sweet song inspiration:
* That's What's Up
* Poems about Poets
Tanita Davis has the Poetry Friday round-up. Thanks, Tanita!