Thursday, December 19, 2019

Sealed in Ice

Water, in all its forms, is what carries the knowledge of life throughout the universe.
~Anthony T. Hincks


Today's re-run is from 2014, but the part about the puppy is still true:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We've got ice today, with many striking textures and shapes. My mother-in-law is fond of saying that there's no bad weather; there's only inappropriate clothing. I haven't really mastered the art of always wearing appropriate clothing, but since I will be out this winter walking our puppy no matter what, I'd better make more of an effort! *

Lilac Bush
photo by Jayme Frye

Blocks of ice in Jökulsárlón, with Breiðamerkurfjall behind

Ice Crystal Dancer
photo by Len Burgess

Iceland Norðurland Eystra - Reykjahlíð
photo by Hansueli Krapf

Ice Lanterns
photo by Corey Taratuta

Sailing with skates on the ice
Unknown photographer, 1890-1900

Car race on the ice
unknown photographer, 1890-1900


* I scheduled this re-run before knowing what yesterday would bring. If you know me at all, you know that I was relieved about no one being above the law. So Wednesday brought relief, but it also brought grief. Arielle, the young woman I referenced in July passed away.

1 comment:

HWY said...

These are all beautiful (or interesting), but the Ice Crystal Dancer is a truly wondrous thing.