Thursday, June 6, 2019

Tassels

The night, gallops on its shadowy mare
Shedding blue tassels over the land.
~Pablo Neruda


To be honest, I am not really a tassel person. (I don't generally have the urge to buy stuff with tassels on them.) But my daughter Elena is graduating from high school tomorrow and I have been making tassels out of tissue paper for a banner, so I am in a tassel-y mood.

A Handbook of Ornament (1898)

GdaƄsk. Dom Uphagena
photo by Piotrus

Pongauer Festtagshut mit Goldstickerei (ausgestellt in Annakapelle St Johann im Pongau)
photo by Niki.L

Boy's frock
India, Kashmir, for the Western market, circa 1855

Mace "Assumption of Our Lady," Moscow


1 comment:

HWY said...

I'm not much of a "tassel-y" person either, but I can appreciate them nonetheless.

The tassels on the hat look like little brooms...so I guess anything goes in the world of the tassel. :-)