Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Little pep talks

If Hamilton were on Twitter, he would have been a worse oversharer than me.
~Lin-Manuel Miranda


For Wellness Wednesday, excerpts (tweets) from GMORNING, GNIGHT! little pep talks for me & you by Lin-Manuel Miranda, illustrated by Jonny Sun.

Miranda explains how this book came to be in a poetic foreword. Here are a couple of verses from the foreword:

I don’t have a book of quotations
Or wisdom I pull from the shelf;
Most often the greetings I wish you
Are the greetings I wish for myself.

So if I write “relax,” then I’m nervous,
Or if I write, “cheer up,” then I’m blue.
I’m writing what I wish somebody would say,
Then switching the pronoun to you.

***********

Good morning.
You are perfectly cast in your life.
I can't imagine anyone but you in the role.
Go play.

***********

Gmorning!
Woke up achy & sad? Not alone.
Woke up w/purpose & joy? Not alone.
Any way you slice it, you're not alone.
Let's go.

***********

Good morning.
Everything could change today.
Or one tiny, vital thing.
What it WON'T be is a re-run of yesterday.
Let's see.

***********

Good morning.
Your mind is your home and no one else's.
Furnish it as you wish.
Set the temp so you're comfortable.

***********

Gnight.
YOU ARE SO LOVED AND WE LIKE HAVING YOU AROUND.
*ties one end of this sentence to your heart, the other end to everyone who loves you in this life, even if clouds obscure your view*
*checks knots*
THERE. STAY PUT, YOU.
TUG IF YOU NEED ANYTHING.

***********

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love Lin Manuel!