Friday, April 12, 2013

Poem Tees

We are the music-makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams.
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams;
Yet we are the movers and shakers,
Of the world forever, it seems.
~Arthur William Edgar O'Shaughnessy


Poetry tees are back! (Here's an old post that includes poetry shirts.)

We are the Music Makers, The Cotton Factory

Fight for Your Right to Write, Warrior Poet Clothier

Hope is a Thing with Feathers, Society 6

Poem in Your Pocket, Cafe Press

One from Laura Shovan:

Nevermore, Society 6

Dare to Love Yourself

Do Not Disturb

* "I'm Not Babbling...It's a Haiku" shirt for babies
* A Farsi poem shirt
* Writers on Thinkershirts.com
* It's Hard to Keep a Clean Shirt Clean, a poem by June Jordan
* A Poem is a Shirt by Laurence Musgrove. Musgrove has a video/book called Handmade Thinking that I think you teachers might be interested in:


Diane is hosting the Poetry Friday round-up today at Random Noodling.

8 comments:

Diane Mayr said...

Hope is a Thing with Feathers tee is fun. I like the pocket poem one, too, but I don't think it'll get here by next Thursday :-(

I'll be back to view the video later after the initial rush of posting links dies down (Will it die down? I've been at it for more than two hours already!)

Liz Steinglass said...

I love these. I'm not sure which I like best. The do not disturb one made me laugh.

Bridget Magee said...

Fun tees and inspiring! Love the pocket poem one best. =)

Tara @ A Teaching Life said...

That Emily Dickinson tshirt is a must have for me, Tabatha...and the Farsi one is for my daughter who can speak it. I loved the poem you shared, too. It reminded me of Langston Hughes and his dream poems.

Linda B said...

There is another poem I know that your poem reminds me of, something about sun-catchers, etc. all about leaves. I like the idea of a 'definition' poem. The tees are great. I like the poem in your pocket tee-wish I would have it this week, maybe next year. I listened to most of the video. The things he says are exactly what we believe at my school, hence our field journaling from the littlest to the oldest, and art in other areas always. Thanks for all of this Tabatha. I liked it!

Ruth said...

I do have a Jane Austen t-shirt, but no poetry ones -- maybe it's time to remedy that!

Robyn Hood Black said...

I'll take one of each. ;0)
Thanks for sharing!!

Heidi Mordhorst said...

Poetry t-shirts, yes! But I'm really looking forward to coming back to watch the whole Handmade Thinking video. Coooooooool.