Thursday, April 18, 2013

Let It Pour

Let the rain kiss you.
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops.
Let the rain sing you a lullaby.
~Langston Hughes


Umbrellas in the Rain
by Maurice Prendergast, 1899

Marburg an der Lahn
by Louis Kolitz (1845–1914)

Women 13
by Utagawa Kuniyoshi

Summer Rain
by Tobi

Sculpture of Albert Einstein in Juming Museum, Taiwan
photo by Bernard Gagnon

Heavy Rain
by Utagawa Kuniyoshi

Walk in the Rain
Woodcut from Otto Leonhard Heubner's Picture Book for Young Children

Carriage Ride in the Rain
by Heinrich Gottfried Wilda (1862-1922)

Príncipe Obá
by Belmiro de Almeida

Just Smile
by Stefano Corso

One more quote:

Save a boyfriend for a rainy day - and another, in case it doesn't rain.
~Mae West


3 comments:

HWY said...

Excellent variations on the theme. Some are unhappy being in the rain, some are happy.

And I love the Mae West quotation. (But then, I love *most* of Mae's quotations!)

Tara @ A Teaching Life said...

Mae West...bless her! I love all of these, Tabatha....but that's probably because I love the rain.

Diane Mayr said...

This is a delightful post, Tabatha!

I love that umbrella picture by Maurice Prendergast. I recently came across Prendergast, and I have an upcoming ekphrastic poem using one of his works!