Thursday, April 16, 2020

Haircuts

You know what's the rage this year? ...Hats.
~Bill Watterson


Since so many people are thinking about giving each other haircuts, that's our topic for this Art Thursday! (Not sure what is happening to the guy in the back of the last picture. ?)

One of a Lady's duties - hair cutting en famille

A hair-dresser accidentally severing a woman's locks with his curling tongs

The Young Hairdresser
Felix Schlesinger (1833–1910)

A book of cheerful cats and other animated animals, 1903
Joseph Greene Francis

A barber cutting a frowning man's hair

A barber shaving the front and sides of a man's head, in the Manchu style
Watercolour by Zhou Pei Qun, ca. 1800

A barber cutting a man's hair


6 comments:

HWY said...

Excellent topic. :-)

I think that the guy in the back of the last picture is getting a shampoo?

Cute cartoon/limerick about the lion getting a summer "trim."

My Dad was a barber for over fifty years and he would have really liked these.

Linda B said...

So fun, Tabatha. I love that lion cartoon, too! I saw someone post a link for "how to cut your hair". I did not click on it! Wishing I had a way to contact my own hair dresser. I would love to have her come to give me a cut, expect it would be safe. But I do not & the salon is closed.

Tabatha said...

You're so right about the shampoo in the last picture! My eccentric imagination went to "laser," which just left me deeply confused.

Liz Steinglass said...

Did you see this?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/hilarious-dublin-sheep-farmer-goes-21840559

Tabatha said...

Wow, Liz! He just goes at it!

Irene Latham said...

Stealing "The Young Hairdresser" for my ArtSpeak: RED! xo