Sunday, January 8, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award


I'd like to humbly and sincerely thank Heidi Mordhorst at My Juicy Little Universe for giving me a Versatile Blogger Award. It has crossed my mind that I am a little too all over the place, so it is reassuring to receive an award for versatility!

The Versatile Blogger Award directions manual:

•Thank and link to the blogger who bestowed the award.
•Share seven random facts about yourself.
•Spread the love by passing the award to five other bloggers--and be sure to let them know.

I'm diverging from the manual by only offering five random facts about myself, but if you read them slowly, maybe they will feel like seven:

* A dog bit my eyelid when I was pretty young (eight?). But I still love dogs.
* Our family dog will be seventeen years old this April. We've had her since she was nine months old.
* If there was a community science fair for adults who aren't scientists, I would want to enter it, just for fun. I like science projects.
* Logic was my favorite math class.
* I was an extra in the movie "Dirty Dancing" when I was a teenager.

It's an interesting task, passing this award along! It made me think about what versatility means. My choices for the Versatile Blogger Award are:

* Writing Without Paper, where Maureen shares links and info about art, dance, music, poetry, and philosophy.
* French blogger Delphine offers a wide array of international gardening, design, and art photos and links at Paradis Express.
* On The Kid Should See This, Rion Nakaya and her three-year-old co-curator furnish unexpectedly educational videos.
* Melissa Wiley at Here in the Bonny Glen covers books for all ages, homeschooling, assorted geekery, and occasionally special-needs parenting with a deft, intelligent, good-natured hand.
* I am giving this award to Maria Horvath specifically for her ability to pair poetry with art in the most unexpected but perfect ways. The definition of versatile includes "turning with ease from one thing to another," and she most definitely achieves that.

Congratulations and thank you for your excellent, well-rounded blogs!

Lastly, I'd like to belatedly thank one of my favorite readers, Christina at Rockhound Place, for giving me an Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award.


2 comments:

Pop said...

Congratulations, Tab.

You absolutely deserve this award.

And you deserve commendation for showing the interconnectedness of the arts. This widens the intellectual and emotional arena for all of us.

I'm very proud of you.

Tabatha said...

Thanks, Pop! You are pretty much irresistibly sweet yourself.