Been thinking a lot about Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) lately. These two articles got me started:
* From the Guardian -- Ivory Coast on brink of civil war as seven women killed at protest march (March 3, 2011)
* From the AP-- 4 killed in Ivory Coast after women honor dead (March 8, 2011)
I was relieved to hear yesterday that Laurent Gbagbo was arrested. He was the former president, who was voted out last November but refused to step down. I think they will have a difficult time getting their house back in order, but this is a good first step.
More articles about Côte d'Ivoire:
* From The Economist -- Turmoil in Côte d'Ivoire: Will the bad loser be squeezed out? (March 10, 2011)
* The Guardian-- After Gbagbo, what next for Ivory Coast?
* BBC-- Ivory Coast: As it happened Monday (April 11, 2011)
* Mr. Rojas must be a cool teacher. Here's his student Kiera's poem about the Ivory Coast.
HT to Charlotte's Library, who originally pointed out the first articles.