Monday, May 3, 2021

Żebrowska, plus an orange beak

I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color.
~Wednesday Addams, The Addams Family


We'll get to fashion in a second! My latest obsessions are bird-related. We have a mother cardinal nesting in a bush right outside our living room window. She pretty much blends in with her nest, but you can see her beak (sorry that the photo is through a screen):


There was a big windstorm Friday and she was waving in the bush like a flag, but she's okay.

I have also been feeding a raven fish crow out my backdoor. Oatcakes and grapes so far. I would like to take a photo or get a good recording!

Addendum: here's a photo! She's wet. (I don't know if it's a she.)


Today's videos are by Karolina Żebrowska, an entertaining Polish fashion historian.







2 comments:

Tim said...

Tabatha, it's so neat that you have a cardinal nest right where you can see it! I'm a bit jealous of your raven as well. We don't have those in Alabama, but I wish we did!

HWY said...

Loved the Karolina Żebrowska videos. Such a wry since of humor and the little touches are great...like her little cough after the 1608 fashion show that made reference to the plague.

The Marie Curie video was hilarious...and, yes doncha know, Marie Curie was Canadian. :-)