Monday, May 24, 2021

Tedeschi Trucks, peonies & an easy-to-ignore cicada

I always felt that insects are the general rule, and everything else is a special case.
~Paul Bystrak


I know that some folks are sick of photos of cicadas. But Brood X is so photogenic! I haven't posted any yet...this is my one indulgence, a cicada on a peony:


One more peony, because isn't it something with those layers?


Okay, here's the music for Music Monday. It's a song from Tedeschi Trucks Band’s Layla Revisited (Live At Lock’n), a one-off live recording of Derek & The Dominos album Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, performed in its entirety with special guest Trey Anastasio. Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs is on my personal top ten albums list (which doesn't exist, tbh, but if it did, this album would be there). You don't mess around with the best, right? But Tedeschi Trucks do it justice.



Addendum: it's sweet to see Susan Tedeschi smile at her husband Derek Trucks while she's singing, and also, doesn't that other fellow remind you of Rupert Grint (from Harry Potter)?

1 comment:

Pop said...

Love the Tedeschi Trucks Band. She has a great soulful voice and he is a master guitarist (I can see the influence of Duane Allman in his playing, and I'm a *big* Duane fan). Also love the big sound of this band...four or more guitars, two drum sets, etc.

And I love peonies, too. :-)