Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Snowbirds

Driving winds and swirling snow do not daunt this plucky bird. The coldest winter days see the junco as lively as ever and with a joie de vivre that bolsters our sagging spirits.
~John V. Dennis


Have you been watching birds? Many people have taken up birdwatching during the pandemic. At our house, the snow has thrown them into sharp relief: cardinals, mourning doves, crows, woodpeckers, red-winged blackbirds, some birds I can't identify, and many dark-eyed juncos. I enjoyed the info about their migratory habits in this video by Lesley the Bird Nerd:



2 comments:

Ruth said...

I enjoyed this! Thanks!

Pop said...

Very interesting and informative video. I've always known these birds as "snowbirds" and I'll still call them that...maybe because it's a nicer sound than "junco." ;-)