Thursday, October 29, 2020

All Hallows' Eve

During the day, I don’t believe in ghosts. At night, I’m a little more open-minded.
~Unknown


I found out that our county has advised against trick-or-treating after I already bought a lot of candy (I was picturing "Participating in one-way trick-or-treating where individually wrapped goodie bags are lined up for families to grab and go while continuing to social distance"). So instead we made bags of treats and left them outside in a basket for people who deliver stuff to our house. Well, for them and one curious squirrel. For Art Thursday, we have some cute and mysterious pics:

You Auto Have a Happy Hallowe'en, 1908
Missouri History Museum

Illustration from The Book of Halloween, titled "No Hallowe'en without a Jack-o'-Lantern," 1919
Unknown author

Poster for the WPA Statewide Library Project
Attributed to Albert M. Bender

Barack Obama and Ella Rhodes
Official White House Photo by Pete Souza

Jackie Onassis Dog costume, Halloween Dog Parade, NYC
photo by istolethetv

Jack-o'-lantern nebula


3 comments:

Pop said...

Perfect subject for this week's post.

First, love the quote you started with. :-)

Second, what a great idea to leave goodies for delivery people...they're front-line people, too.

Third, the Jackie Onassis Dog costume is priceless.

And fourth, I actually thought I could see the Jack-o-Lantern nebula without the helpful drawing.

Linda B said...

I notices this as I clicked on your Friday post. What fun pictures you shared. They share lots of memories from the past Halloweens. I will work at the store on Saturday morning, will give out some candy in little bags there. Happy weekend with a few ghouls swooshing around. At least we have that marvelous moon!

Bridget Magee said...

So many treats in this post, Tabatha, not the least of which is YOU. I love that the candy you bought won't go to waste (or if it were in my house, my mouth) and you are sharing it with the delivery workers. My favorite pic you shared in this post is President Obama on the floor with that little person above his head. *SWOON*. (The Jackie O clad pooch is pretty spectacular as well.;)