Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Self-Care Apps

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
~L. Frank Baum



Portrait of a Young Girl With an iPhone,
after Agnolo Bronzino
by Mike Licht

I have been slow to use apps, which could be why I didn't realize that they would be a good topic for Wellness Wednesday. I've heard good things about these:

* InsightTimer: offers an extensive free library of guided meditations


* Breathe+ Simple Breath Trainer (only for iOS devices)

* Fabulous: a science-based app, incubated in Duke's Behavioral Economics Lab, for building healthy rituals

Here is VeryWell's list of top mental health apps for 2019, which includes apps for stress relief, depression, therapy, and learning coping skills.

Do you have any to add to this list?

1 comment:

HWY said...

I don't use apps often either, but these seem an excellent way to begin doing so.