Saturday, June 30, 2018

Dulces Sueños

Well, putting words on paper isn't your job. Your job is to go digging around in your soul.
~Radney Foster


Remember that time I posted two songs by Radney Foster? No? It's here. Today I have another song by him. Proceeds go to RAICES Texas (The Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services).

Foster says: “Watching children being forcibly taken from their parents, solely because they crossed a border is antithetical to everything I believe. My conscious tells me it’s wrong, my faith tells me that’s wrong and the values I was taught at the dinner table tell me it’s wrong.”

He also says: “My hope in rewriting “Godspeed” was that people might lose their preconceptions about these families and look at them as human beings who should be treated with dignity, mercy and grace.”

Proceeds from “Godspeed (Dulces Sueños)” will go to RAICES Texas. The Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services serves immigrants and refugees in our community by providing immigration-related legal services, advocacy and opportunities for educational and social support. They believe that by actively promoting the well-being and informed participation of immigrants and refugees in the community, everyone benefits. https://www.raicestexas.org



3 comments:

Tara said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I think I am going mad from watching the news and feeling hopeless. It's healing to know that there are good people out there working towards healing and peace.

Kay said...

Thank you, Tabatha, for sharing the song and the opportunity to help. In spite of these dark times, I find hope in the number of people who are speaking out and stepping up to help.

Michelle Kogan said...

Belated thanks Tabatha for this heart-wrenching yet gorgeous post. Radney Foster has a powerfully rich gorgeous voice and so poignant a message.