Thursday, January 18, 2018

Hands-on

As soon as he saw the Big Boots, Pooh knew that an Adventure was going to happen, and he brushed the honey off his nose with the back of his paw, and spruced himself up as well as he could, so as to look Ready for Anything.
~A.A. Milne



Feeling hands-on today, thinking about making bookish things!


Diamante poems in an accordion fold book
from Making Books with Children

* How to Make an Accordion Fold Book
* How to Make Duck Tape Tassel Bookmarks
* Make Your Own Small Pocket Notebooks
* Make a No Sew Book Bag
* See some inspiring, exceptionally artistic blackout poems at SuZen Art
* Homemade valentines (not book-related, but timely)

**********

A Journey Through The Pages has the Poetry Friday round-up. Thanks, Kay!

Addendum: I didn't make the accordion book above! It's a Pinterest image that tracks back to a site that isn't working right now (so I can't find out who made it).

9 comments:

Brenda at FriendlyFairyTales said...

Oh, that looks like such fun. My daughter would love to do a little book like that. And I would love to do it with her.

Rebecca Herzog said...

So neat! It makes me itch to pull out the craft supplies. The neighborhood kids said they want to get together to do a craft day. Maybe we can all make some mini poetry books? Thanks for sharing!

Linda B said...

I know I will never tire of Milne's words, Tabatha. I still have my old copy of Winnie's stories & end of browsing most often when dusting! Thanks for these instructions. The girls are coming tomorrow, so will do something. Ingrid & I worked on a model of something she "cooked up" last week. It was much fun! I love your little book!

Robyn Hood Black said...

This post MAKES me happy, Tabatha - creativity just sizzles over here. Let's all make sure to wander into the places where Poetry and Hums hang out this year. :0)

Anonymous said...

Ooh! That diamante poem/book is lovely! Good find. Now excuse me while I wander off to where poetry can find me... *hums quietly*

Jane @ www.raincitylibrarian.ca said...

I actually did a book makerspace program last week at my library, where we made tiny books, and "zines", and accordion books, and more! I find that kids really appreciate being able to just make things with their hands, to express themselves and really connect with something, in a tangible way. It's also a lot of fun!

Kay said...

What fun! I've been wondering how in the world I was going to squeeze in a notebook for writing on our trip to England (not an option to go without for a week!). These mini-notebooks will do quite nicely!

Linda Mitchell said...

Oh my gosh I’ve been craving a crafty project. This is so cool! Thank you. And diamanté poems too. Take a bow.

Michelle Kogan said...

A.A. Milne and Pooh are favorites of mine, and I love the illustrations by E.H. Shepard! Thanks too for your lovely accordion poetry book Tabatha, blooming with flowers. I love the multi-colored string and that it will pull it all together, and it's on a paper bag–marvelous!