Thursday, November 30, 2017

You're Always Doing Amazing Stuff

You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
~Maya Angelou



Some poems by Brian Bilston, Twitter poet, author of You Took The Last Bus Home. (This can't be the first time I've shared a poem with roman numerals, can it?)

YOU TOOK THE LAST BUS HOME
by Brian Bilston

you took
the last bus home
don’t know how
you got it through the door

you’re always doing amazing stuff

like the time
when you caught that train

**********

THE DAY WE ARGUED ABOUT ROMAN NUMERALS
by Brian Bilston

Of that day when we argued,
my memory is VIVID:
I, for one, remained CIVIL
but you ended up LIVID.

**********

POETRY BOOKS OFFER
by Brian Bilston

Here's an offer
on Romantic poetry
that won't cost you the earth:

BYRON GET ONE FREE
if you want
your Wordsworth.

**********


**********

A Year of Reading has the Poetry Friday round-up. Thanks, Mary Lee!



19 comments:

Linda B said...

I think I will read this in the morning too, so I'll be able to have an evening and a morning smile. These poems by Bri-an Bilston are very clever, make me want to move onto "next lines" often! Thanks, Tabatha!

Michelle Kogan said...

I love Brian's
"po-
em "
It reminds me of a Shel Silverstein or an e.e. cummings. Thanks for sharing Brian's poetry Tabatha.
And "ROMAN NUMERALS" is wonderful MIX of emotions!

I liked your earlier post on chatelaines too, thanks!

Sally Murphy said...

Wow. these are so clever. I think Roman Numerals is my favourite, bu then the hyphen one and... Maybe I just love them all. Thanks for the smile.

Kay said...

Oh, these are such fun poems! My favorite is the Poetry Books! I will have to add it to my list of poems to memorize and take to England with me.

Ben said...

Funny comic!

Tara said...

That Brian has a sly sense of humor - these are such fun poems!

tanita✿davis said...

I ADORE these. This Brian guy is a hoot!

Jeanne said...

ha, "caught" the train!

jama said...

So fun and playful. Thanks for the good cheery verse today, Tabatha!

Becky Shillington said...

Great poems, Tabatha! I just followed Brian--thanks for introducing him to me!

Ruth said...

Fun!

Julie said...

Out-
standing hy-
phen poem by Bri-
an B. Thanks, Tab-
atha!

Diane Mayr said...

Oh, I did enjoy this post, Tabatha!

Robyn Hood Black said...

Oh, these are fantastic - thanks for sharing! I think I'm with Sally, particularly partial to the Roman Numerals gem... :0)

Linda Mitchell said...

Ha! I had not heard of Brian Bilstein before. I am going to follow him on twitter. I probably should have picked a different time to read this post than 6:30 am on a Sunday morning since I'm giggling too loud! Thanks for sharing. Love these bubbles of fun and joy. Hugs to you and yours.

Brenda at FriendlyFairyTales said...

These are clever. They have already spawned copy-
cats who will purr and strop the whimsy into a sec-
ond life. I know I should resist, but I am help-
less.

Thanks for this post!

Mary Lee said...

Thanks for the chuckles!!

Matt Forrest Esenwine said...

So fun & clever - thanks for sharing these!

author amok said...

Oh my gosh, these poems are cracking me up. That Byron pun is hilarious!