Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Strategy

Come tomorrow, I'll wake up new.
~Chad Sugg


So, November is going to be pretty intense for me. A lot of projects, many kites to keep in the air. Since I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep my blog-kite up along with all the others, I thought I'd try to finish my November posts early (before the month starts). Right now it's Halloween morning and I only have three done and a bunch of drafts started...wish me luck!

My plan for Wellness Wednesday is to make hand-lettered images, which seems more doable than a regular post for some reason. Or maybe it just feels like a nice break from my other work. Here's the first one, which fits with all the thinking I'm doing about mistakes:


It reminds me of the Japanese proverb "Fall seven times and stand up eight."

Do you have any suggestions about sayings I could hand letter?

2 comments:

HWY said...

One of my favorites is: Just Do It.

(And I heard it *before* Nike made it part of their ads.)

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

Given your month ahead, how about something having to do with remembering to breath, or being mindful, or taking one day at a time... or there's always the last line of this (attributed to Benjamin Franklin, but I have no idea if that's correct):

The optimist fell ten stories,
and at every window bar
he shouted to his friends,
"all right so far!"

Did you choose a OLW for this year? That might work well too. Wishing you luck and lots of it. :)