Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Language of Love

One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.
~Paulo Coelho



I heard about the concept of "love languages" last weekend. The five love languages (as described by Gary Chapman) are: words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service, and physical touch. They can communicate any kind of love -- romantic, familial, neighborly, etc. I'm including this for Wellness Wednesday because it seems useful to think about what makes us feel good (as givers and receivers).



I think I like to give and receive all five. Maybe I like quality time best? Words of affirmation? What do you think? Is there a particular love language that you identify with?

1 comment:

Harry said...


All these "love languages" are important, but I think that words of affirmation come closest for me. Very interesting topic!