From what I hear Coursera is excellent, so for Music Monday I thought I'd share their fall music course listings (plus one from January). The classes are held online and are free.
* Survey of Music Technology starts Aug. 26th, 2013 and is 6 weeks long (Georgia Institute of Technology)
* History of Rock, Part One starts Sept. 2nd, 2013 and is 7 weeks long (University of Rochester)
* Exploring Beethoven’s Piano Sonatas starts Sept. 3rd 2013 and is 5 weeks long (Curtis Institute of Music)
* The Language of Hollywood: Storytelling, Sound, and Color starts Sept. 16th, 2013 and is 5 weeks long (Wesleyan University)
* Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles starts Sept. 23rd, 2013 and is 8 weeks long (The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
* Introduction to Programming for Musicians and Digital Artists starts October 2013 and is 8 weeks long (California Institute of the Arts)
* From the Repertoire: Western Music History through Performance starts Oct. 1st, 2013 and is 7 weeks long (Curtis Institute of Music)
* Write Like Mozart: An Introduction to Classical Music Composition starts January 2014 and is 6 weeks long (National University of Singapore)
There's also a poetry class coming up:
* Modern & Contemporary American Poetry starts Sept. 7th, 2013 and is 10 weeks long (University of Pennsylvania)
I wanted to include a song for you, so here's a little something for Dr. Horrible fans. My son says these guys are "fresh."
Here's another song for folks who don't know Dr. Horrible: I've Got This Friend by The Civil Wars. I love the back-and-forth of the lyrics.