Monday, February 7, 2011

FAWM Challenge

February is Album Writers Month. The goal is to write an entire album's worth of songs during the shortest month of the year.

I've mentioned National Novel Writing Month before, but I hadn't heard of FAWM until Madelyn Rosenberg wrote about it. Thanks, Madelyn!

If you want to give songwriting a try, it's not too late to jump in. Don't worry about how many songs you write. FAWM has a list of songwriting resources and tools. Also, FAWM on Twitter has songwriting prompts.

So far, participants have written thousands of songs already. If you are interested in checking them out, people are making song recommendations here. To find a certain kind of song (such as classical music or ones for children), you can do a search.

2 comments:

M Pax said...

Cool. I wish I were musical. I tend to like certain singers because of the lyrics they write.

madelyn said...

(Checking back in on your blog too- haphazardly! I think the FAWM thing is so cool! And your blog, too!! Thanks for the link!)