Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's Almost November

If you have a story to tell and you have just needed a little push to put pencil to paper (or fingers to keyboard), maybe NaNoWriMo is just the ticket. November is National Novel Writing Month ("Thirty days and nights of literary abandon!") and there is a whole community of people who can keep you company and encourage you. Young writers have their own program.

I have never done NaNoWriMo myself, but I had a student in one of my young writers' groups who had done it twice! I may use the structure and momentum of it to get some things written, though -- use it how you will.

Extra links:

* The Christian Science Monitor's 5 Reasons You Should Participate in NaNoWriMo
* NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month)
* Write a script in April (Script Frenzy)
* Picture Book Idea Month (PiBoIdMo)
* Noveling Machine t-shirt

1 comment:

M Pax said...

I will use its structure to write my next first draft. The time should be put into the revision / reshaping. I need to speed up that first draft and put down my perfectionist tendancies until the revision phase. Tough habit to break. :D