Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Universal Welcome

So many tangles in life are ultimately hopeless that we have no appropriate sword other than laughter.
~Gordon W. Allport

Laughing Buddha at the Lingyin Temple in China
Photo taken by Bernard Oh

Willie Dixon
by Melissa Morrow/Dunegrass Studio

Grinning Moon
by Brandi McKenna

Happy Man
by Marcy Lansman

A Sunday Smile
by Gana Ndro

Two of the Five Windows
by Shelley Buonaiuto

Links:
Laughter Museum in Germany
A-Maze-ing Laughter by Yue Minjin
Silly Eggs (I think the top one is my favorite)
Bird Visual Puns lesson plan
The Museum of Humor has a LOT of lesson plans

~~~~~~~

I'm thinking about making notebooks or binders with some of my art (in the past, I've made birthday, holiday, and blank cards with them). Do you have any suggestions about which ones? I was thinking about the Clef Creature for a notebook/journal and Spiral Aquarium for a binder.

2 comments:

M Pax said...

Beautiful smiles.

I like the overgrown doodle a lot, too. Funky.

Pass N. Lane said...

Thanks for the smiles and laughter today. (All beautifully done, by the way.)