Friday, May 10, 2013

2013 Summer Poem Swap



by Elena

Interested in joining a Summer Poem Swap? The idea is that every two weeks beginning June 24 through August 19, you will mail someone a freshly-written poem and you will receive one.

Your assignment, should you decide to accept it, is to write five poems during that time period and share each poem with one person in a tangible format. I will be randomly matching poem swappers up. (You won't be sending all your poems to the same person.)

Everyone finds themselves in difficult situations sometimes. If you find yourself unable to write a poem during a two-week period, you are welcome to send an older poem of yours or to send a poem written by someone else. Also, if you are in a crunch and need help, you can contact me and I will sub for you. This is friendly and fun. No stress!

Interested? Email me! tabatha(at)tabathayeatts(dot)com. The deadline for joining will be June 1st.

***********


Hafiz, aka Hafez

Today's poem:

Dropping Keys
by Hafiz

the small man
builds cages for everyone
he
knows.
While the sage,
who has to duck his head
when the moon is low,
keeps dropping keys all night long
for the
beautiful
rowdy
prisoners.

***********

Booktalking is the Poetry Friday host this week.

9 comments:

Anastasia Suen said...

Thanks for participating in Poetry Friday!

Linda B said...

Wow, Tabatha, the poem is beautiful. Something to contemplate in my school life lately (a private story). Thanks for the summer swap too!

jama said...

Cool poem!

Buffy Silverman said...

This is gorgeous. Love the idea of the sage dropping keys for prisoners.

Ruth said...

Wow, this poem takes my breath away. Thank you!

Mary Lee said...

"the sage,
who has to duck his head
when the moon is low"

Perfect.

Doraine said...

This is so beautiful! Thanks.

Tara @ A Teaching Life said...

As usual, you have chosen a poem to make me think deeply. Just beautiful. I'll have to think about the poem swap, too - I'm such a scaredy cat when it comes to writing poetry!

Jone said...

So mad I missed this. Have signed up to get you updates so I don't miss out again! Boo.