Friday, August 27, 2010

Words Running Down My Spine

Ever heard of book spine poems? I learned about them on Mary Lee's site or maybe 100 Scope Notes. Inventive artist Nina Katchadourian came up with these:

Akron Stacks

Shark Journal

I made one. Wow, it's tough! This photo is not that readable, but I've included the words below the photo:

The Brain That Changes Itself

The Celtic Twilight
Gathering Blue.
From Head To Toe -
Lament.

Journey
to
the
Bottomless
Pit.
Shadows
of Forgotten Ancestors,
Inside the Vicious Heart.

A River Runs Through It -
Girl, Overboard!

The Forgotten Door!
Stealing Freedom,
In The Service of Life.

How To Grow Fresh Air?
Under Open Sky -
Wings.

~~~~~~~
Today's Poetry Friday round-up is at Book Aunt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great!

Harry said...

Will definitely have to try to do one of these myself!

BJ Lee said...

they're like found poems on book spines! Wonderful!

jama said...

Enjoyed these, Tabatha. Think I'll check my bookcases and try to do a spine poem of my own :).