Thursday, March 28, 2024

Taina Litwak

Like climate change, human news chronicles our impact on our planet.
~Taina Litwak


Last weekend, I went to Artomatic in Washington D.C. It was invigorating and exhausting. So much art! If you, like me, don't have the stamina to check it out all at once, it is a good idea to plan multiple visits. One of the artists who caught my eye was Taina Litwak, who graciously gave me permission to share her work with you. She says:
In January 2020 I began a series of paintings in acrylic and collaged newspaper. I started painting again after 20 years (spent illustrating science) because I felt the need to express my concern more personally about the damage humans are doing to the planet and where our culture is heading.

Ginkgo IV- Climate Change News
Taina Litwak

News Stream III
Taina Litwak

Warblers V - Lost Flocks
Taina Litwak

2 comments:

Pop said...

I love the way she used newspaper for the objects. The leaves were especially impressive. Collages are hard to do, and she did them beautifully.

Ben said...

These are so well done!