Thursday, January 12, 2023

Paper lanterns

No, my friend, darkness is not everywhere, for here and there I find faces illuminated from within; paper lanterns among the dark trees.
~Carole Borges


More light for Art Thursday!

Paper Lantern
Robert Anders

Taipei Lantern Festival
photo by vicjuan

Hanseong Baekje's Dream - Lantern Exhibit, South Korea
photo by travel oriented

Paper lanterns in the snow, Castle Gardens, Arcen, Netherlands
Bj.Schoenmakers

Lantern horses in Chinese Garden
Jiaqian AirplaneFan


2 comments:

HWY said...

A wonderful selection of photos today. Had no idea such lanterns could be "sculpted." Particularly enjoyed the photo of the lanterns in the snow.

Irene Latham said...

I grabbed the Borges quote for my "Light" ArtSpeak project...and I adore the lanterns in the snow pic. xo