Tuesday, May 10, 2022

They were actually cassettes

between The Monroes and the Moonglows
~me


Last week I was thinking about the albums I would listen to in college when I was writing papers. There were two, and I would listen to them exclusively (and continuously) when I was writing. It was pretty awesome having designated, hunker-down "writing albums" because I knew I meant business when I put them on. One was Bella Donna by Stevie Nicks and I couldn't remember the other!

It had been so important to my life, I couldn't believe the name was escaping me. I knew the band started with an "M" so I actually looked up "bands that start with M," but I couldn't find it (the band name was BOLDED on the list but I still missed it!).

Then I remembered some lyrics from one song, so I looked up, "why do we never get an answer when we're knocking at the door" and The Moody Blues came up. Thank you, Google! The Moody Blues!

Love this song:



4 comments:

Pop said...

Ah, it's A Question of Balance. :-)

Liz Steinglass said...

Yay! So glad you figured it out!

I've recently started doing this too--writing to particular music. It's been interesting figuring out what works for me and what doesn't. It's all about the mood for me. And no lyrics!

Tabatha said...

Pop, yes, that's the one!

Liz, NO LYRICS for me now! Way too distracting! (When my older daughter was a serious horn player, she couldn't listen to classical while she worked because IT was too distracting.)

Heidi Mordhorst said...

Yeah, remember when we could listen to music and do our homework AT THE SAME TIME? Good heavens I can't now! This post makes me love you even more: "because I knew I meant business when I put them on." : ))))))