Sunday, August 22, 2021

Ribs and Parkour

Parkour teaches you to be sure of what you are able to do.
~David Belle


A little video about how I injured my ribs...I kid! I wasn't doing parkour, but I was getting from one thing to another and fell. I posted last week that "I would be better in a day or two," but that turned out to be overly optimistic.

This morning, I told my husband a ranking of the things that are most painful to do, and there were a bunch of things tied for 2, 3, and 4, but the number 1 spot went to...hiccups. I am socially distancing from carbonated beverages until my chest is feeling better.

(I don't like to complain but I did think it might affect when we send out messages about IMPERFECT II, so I wanted to let y'all know about this hitch in my giddyup.)

Happy to report that none of these guys seemed worse for wear from this challenge:


6 comments:

skanny17 said...

Oh poor you. Maybe you broke your sternum? Did you have an x-ray? I hope you will be feeling much much better soon. Falling is a pain and it gets worse as you get more like my age. There is this class here for Tai Chi (sp?) and it seems like that is a great thing, slow mo kind of work to improve health and balance and strength. I am also going to start doing laps at the Y pool, which has been a long time in coming. I am looking forward to getting into better shape. Take care of you!

Tabatha said...

I was trying to leap from a dock to a boat, but it was too far away and I plummeted to my doom (er, plummeted to getting a lot of bruises and cracking a rib). I was so pleased that I hadn't broken anything, at first. Tai chi and laps sound like great ideas!

mbhmaine said...

Ugh, Tabatha, I'm so sorry that you are hurting! I hope you recover soon and that at least (silver lining?) you can get a poem or two out of the incident and recovery. Sending all the healing vibes your way!

skanny17 said...

Oh, ouch on that fall. Not fun. I really feel for you. At least we have poetry to enjoy. I have been busy 24/7 with our grandkids so I have not done much of that, but I did write a poem with Georgia Heard at her summer poem workshop, so am still working on that. I have to go back and check out this past Friday's PF posts.

Tabatha said...

Molly, thanks for the healing vibes! The spot that really hurts is above my heart, so you would think the poems would be writing themselves. The reason the boat was too far from the dock was that the boat's owner was on the other side talking about boat safety. Haha, boat safety! Seriously, there are poems in there, but I am not at all interested in writing any :) Maybe some day.

Pop said...

Sorry about your injury, Tab. Keep resting and avoiding doing things that hurt. (Such irony about about the "boat safety" bit.)

Watched the Parkour Challenge and couldn't believe nobody got hurt doing it...and amazed that two would did complete the "course" could actually somersault from the last pillar!