Thursday, July 2, 2020

A Poem Place

Summer, after all, is a time when wonderful things can happen to quiet people.
~Deb Caletti


Hello, my dears! I am going to try to post a couple of times a week, if possible. Linda Mitchell generously sent me this handmade journal and gave me permission to share it here. I love Linda's mixed media art -- it's so inventive and playful -- and had fun taking outdoor pictures of "A Poem Place."













*********

Next time I'll share the poem that came with it. Linda herself has the Poetry Friday round-up at A Word Edgewise!

Printable zines from earlier in the week

9 comments:

Michelle Kogan said...

HI Tabatha, glad to see you here! What a wonderful poem swap journal Linda created for you, it's a true treasure–and I like your outdoor pics of the pages too–hope you enjoy travels in it… Looking forward to the "wonderful things (that) can happen to quiet people." that Deb Caletti gave us, xo

Linda Mitchell said...

Oh, it looks great in it's new home. Fill it up with lots of writings and bits. I know you will.

Bridget Magee said...

Beautiful journal! Thank you for sharing Linda's creativity and generosity. I look forward to her poem, too. :)

Mary Lee said...

Lucky you to get one of Linda's journals! Your photography is all kinds of fabulous!

Margaret Simon said...

So much creativity, time, and love go into Linda's gifts. I know her well enough to know that she loves making these as much as giving them away. Inspiring!

laurasalas said...

That is utterly amazing. Tabatha, I enjoy seeing the fruits of the poem swaps! Much too intimidating for me to join in, and the one time I did it was an utter fail (as the envelope I sent Irene got mangled in the mail). Even though I don't partake, I so enjoy seeing what others do!

KatApel - katswhiskers.wordpress.com said...

Oh, isn't she a wonder! Love this.

Carol Varsalona said...

What a treasure, Linda gave you, Tabatha. It is vibrant, creative, and full of poetry goodness.

jan godown annino said...

O my glory! I have met the superperson Linda M. & she is the Real Deal.
Such an expressive, bright ray of joy, personable work of art she sent.
Appreciations for sharing.
Makes me want to walk barefoot on the grass!
You deserve many more such packages & delights, dear Tabatha.
xo