Thursday, February 7, 2019

Silent Evening

...and the evening was so beautiful, that it made a pain in my heart, as when you cannot tell whether you are happy or sad; and I thought that if I could have a wish, it would be that nothing would ever change, and we would stay that way forever.
~Margaret Atwood


I put together this post before I realized that I'd be sharing a Margaret Atwood poem tomorrow. So we've got two Margaret Atwood quotes in a row...she has something to say about everything.

A painting by Italian artist Leo Putz (1869-1940) for Art Thursday:

Silent Evening, 1911 (of his wife, Frieda Blell)
by Leo Putz



3 comments:

HWY said...

I can only hear the water gently lapping around the boat and oar. Very easy evening.

Beautiful quote by Margaret Atwood.

Ruth said...

I am so familiar with that feeling that Margaret Atwood describes!

Whispers from the Ridge said...

This is beautiful. The quote and the painting are inspiring me to write. There's a poem there waiting for me to write. Thanks for including this, Tabatha!