Thursday, December 15, 2016

Sloths

I’m in no hurry: the sun and the moon aren’t, either.
~Alberto Caeiro


Sloths this Art Thursday. If you haven't seen this clip of Kristin Bell learning that a sloth was coming to her birthday party (or even if you have), it's a good intro:


Sloth, A Paper Zoo
Illustration by Ellen Raskin

Brooklyn Street art
photo by Kim Tairi

Two-toed sloths
by Louis A. Sargent

Sloth
by Wes Reimer

Brehm's Life of animals : a complete natural history for popular home instruction and for the use of schools
by Alfred Brehm

Sloth
by Jonathan Eichhorn

Clay sloth dolls
Another sloth doll

4 comments:

Linda B said...

Do you know how much I love sloths, Tabatha! I never imagined there was art! There is a new exhibit at our Science and Nature museum, Extreme Animals, which has a part about sloths, and in the gift shop, a wonderful stuffed one! I am in love! Thanks for this, such fun! (I've seen them twice in the wild-awesome!

Pop said...


Cool subject...I like sloths, too. Have to admit that I wondered about how fast that sloth could move when facing a predator like in the Brehm picture!

But my absolute favorite sloth-oriented moment was the DMV scene in Zootopia. :-)

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

An utterly charming collection, Tabatha. I had forgotten about that video! I cried from laughing so hard.

Retta said...

Never thought of sloths as cute until I saw the artistic sloth on the link you gave to the Etsy shop with art dolls from Russia! Absolutely adorable work!