Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Working those muscles (sort of)

(S)o much is happening now; you must be patient like someone who is sick, and confident like someone who is recovering; for perhaps you are both. And more: you are also the doctor, who has to watch over himself.
~Rainer Maria Rilke


Wellness Wednesday!

First, just in case anybody needs to do this kind of Thanksgiving prep: 10 Tips for Surviving Thanksgiving with the Dysfunctional Family

Tensing your muscles and releasing them is a very effective way to relax. I like doing it with my eyes shut, but this video from Children's Mercy Hospital does have some interesting visuals. So put on your headphones and listen, eyes open or not:



1 comment:

HWY said...


A very good exercise. I tried both ways (eyes closed, eyes open) and seeing the video actually helped me through the stages. I know I wouldn't be able to see the video every time I did this, but it was good this time.

Her voice was very soothing, too. And it should be noted that the breathing part of the exercise can be very beneficial.