Thursday, March 19, 2015

Anton Seder

Art, as far as it is able, follows nature, as a pupil imitates his master; thus your art must be, as it were, God's grandchild.
~Dante Alighieri


Work by German Art Nouveau artist and professor Anton Seder (1850–1916) today:

Sunflowers, Strawberry, Lizard
by Anton Seder

Pussy Willow
by Anton Seder

Sea Life
by Anton Seder

Thistles
by Anton Seder

Antlers, Wreaths
by Anton Seder

Root Vegetables
by Anton Seder

Spring Flowers
by Anton Seder

Lilies
by Anton Seder


3 comments:

Pop said...


Seder definitely is a child of the art nouveau period...and his work is beautiful.

I like his "hook" (dividing the page into blocks)...these prints would make wonderful wall-hangings.

I especially liked his Root Vegetables print (maybe because I'm thinking about our garden at the moment. :-)

Retta said...

I adore art nouveau, but had never heard of Anton Seder before. My fav here is Sea Life. And I, too, really like the "compartments" in his design work. Thanks for sharing this, it was fascinating!

Karen Edmisten said...

Wow, those are absolutely gorgeous, Tabatha. Thanks for this today!