Sunday, September 8, 2013

BBC Audiobooks

Audiobooks can be great for long car rides. We've had successes and failures with them -- don't feel bad if one doesn't work out. When they do, they are very helpful! When they don't, it's nice to have a back-up.


On the BBC Audiobook site, you can download stories or buy them on CD. Children's audiobooks have their own category, as do young adult. There's also Nonfiction, Poetry, SciFi & Fantasy, Comedy, Shakespeare, and Doctor Who, among others.

* For 99 cents, you can download Agatha Christie's Witness for the Prosecution!
* I find the Quiz Show section tempting, although I haven't heard any of the shows so I don't know where to start.
* For Sarah Jane fans, there's The Sarah Jane Adventures: The Time Capsule (my kids watched ALL the Sarah Jane Adventures).
* I liked YA book Girl of Nightmares -- it is more expensive ($18 to download, $30 for a cd).
* There's a cd called Shakespeare Without the Boring Bits for kids.
* In the short story section, there's Great Classic Family Favorites.

If you hear any you'd like to recommend, let me know!

No comments: