Poetry and Doctor Who might seem like a surprising mix, but there's actually a Doctor Who poetry collection written by fans, plus these Doctor/poetry connections:
* In the episode Midnight, a character quotes, and the Doctor references, Christina Rossetti's poem "Goblin Market":
"We must not look at goblin men,
We must not buy their fruits:
Who knows upon what soil they fed
Their hungry thirsty roots?"
* A poem figures prominently in the episode Demon's Run:
Night will fall and the dark will rise,
When a good man goes to war.
Demons run, but count the cost.
The battle's won but the child is lost.
* Poem Girl from the episode The Beast Below
* Twas the Night Before Christmas (Doctor Who style)
* Dr Who becomes rhyme lord of poetry from The Belfast Telegraph
* A page about William Shakespeare and the Doctor