Monday, October 29, 2012

Always Possible

Looking back, I can see my Music Monday themes are all over the map. Everything from guitars to fictional musicians to being thankful. Today, there's kindness:


Want to see something that makes you feel good? Here's a video of a young Pakistani man who did 22 acts of kindness for his 22nd birthday:



Do you have suggestions for kindness-inspiring or kindness-related songs? I like Don't Give Up by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush. Also, Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammer.

Links:
New Songs for Peace
Anti-Bullying Songs from Songs for Teaching
Songs of Compassion - Tibetan Mantras



2 comments:

Linda B said...

Hi Tabatha, thank you for the links, including the video. One of my favorite groups/links that I go to to see what's happening is http://playingforchange.com. This is a group that finds people all over the world to share music with. It is just wonderful. I used it with my students when we traveled to NYC a few years ago, & we sang Stand By Me in Central Park. Much fun!

Harry said...

Wonderful sentiment...and the video was inspiring!


Small acts of kindness can really go a long way, too. Sometimes they can cause a ripple effect, and just the thought of that gives me joy.