Thursday, December 8, 2016

Dressed up

I find myself wondering about their lives...When you buy a piece of vintage clothing you're not just buying the fabric and thread - you're buying a piece of someone's past.
~Isabel Wolff


Karen Peacock's art today. The vintage dresses she includes in her mixed media pieces caught my eye. I'm also including two paintings at the bottom. (I think Karen will make custom art with your vintage clothes on commission.) Thanks, Karen, for giving me permission to share your work!

Homemade
by Karen Peacock

Ophelia
by Karen Peacock

Phoenecia
by Karen Peacock

Wallflower
by Karen Peacock

Parts Unknown
by Karen Peacock

An Idea of Progress
by Karen Peacock


4 comments:

HWY said...


Love Karen's art...very creative using dresses as a central point. I especially loved the last two pieces shown.

Retta said...

Intriguing use of the material in collages!

Robyn Hood Black said...

So striking! Thanks to both of you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Such a timely post, dear Tabatha. And worth mulling over too, this capacity for perspective taking.