Monday, February 26, 2024

#329

At least I have her love
The city, she loves me
Lonely as I am
Together we cry
~Red Hot Chili Peppers


Recently I was looking at Rolling Stone's "500 Best Songs of All Time" (for poetry-related reasons, oddly enough). What's #329, you wonder?
Number 329
Red Hot Chili Peppers, ‘Under the Bridge’
1991
Writer(s):Anthony Kiedis, Flea, John Frusciante, Chad Smith

The stark, poignant ballad “Under the Bridge” was a breakthrough hit for the Chili Peppers, shattering their party-boy image. It started as an autobiographical confession from frontman Anthony Kiedis, who counted an experience with some gang members under an actual Los Angeles bridge as a low point of his drug addiction.

I knew the song, but had no idea what it was about. For Music Monday, Under the Bridge by the Red Hot Chili Peppers:



1 comment:

HWY said...

I'm not much of an RHCP fan...but I do like this one. And it's nice to have the backstory.