Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Wonders to find

Where I actually grew up was just completely removed from anything resembling a town or a city...What that granted me was a lot of isolation and when you are bored you tend to work really hard on your interests.
~J.D. McPherson


As I have mentioned other years, I 💖 Christmas music. I can't cope with Mariah Carey's song any more, must have heard it too much last year, but I really enjoy the lesser-known stuff! Today's song is by J.D. McPherson:



Bonus song! "Written in 1916 by Ukrainian composer Mykola Leontovich and titled “Shchedryk,” the song tells the tale of a swallow flying into a household to proclaim the plentiful year that the family will have. The song's title is derived from the Ukrainian word “shchedryj,” which means “bountiful.” Eileen:



1 comment:

HWY said...

Really nice song by J.D. McPherson....

And the bonus song was wonderful. It is one of my favorites. I've only heard it with lyrics from The Carol of the Bells...but the Ukrainian lyrics were a welcome addition to the music.