Thursday, July 27, 2017

Check these bags

I want to travel on a train that smells like snowflakes. I want to sip in cafes that smell like comets. Under the pressure of my step, I want the streets to emit the precise odor of a diamond necklace. I want the newspapers I read to smell like the violins left in pawnshops by weeping hobos on Christmas Eve. I want to carry luggage that reeks of the neurons in Einstein's brain.
~Tom Robbins


In honor of vacations, luggage for Art Thursday.

Lost Luggage
by Mr. Gray

Luggage
A visit to the NYS Museum of Transportation
photo by Norm Wright

The Traveler, Spain
photo by Astur

At Baggage Claim in Indianapolis Airport
photo by lamccain71

butter cow
photo by wasim muklashy

On the road
photo by Kate Ter Haar

I remember that platform bell
photo by Derek Finch


2 comments:

Pop said...

Great subject this week, Tabatha. Interesting how a piece of luggage can immediately summon up travel/vacations...but it does every time!

Love how the older luggage (like in the one from the NYS Museum of Transportation) had so much character.

Linda B said...

Wouldn't it be great if we could still add labels to our luggage as done in the past? Love these pics, Tabatha. There is a display of immigrants' suitcases at Ellis Island that I found so poignant. Have a lovely day!