Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Reading Together

In honor of Read Across America Day, I thought I would tell you about my Reading Together experience. Every week, I come to one of my children's schools to visit a little girl who has trouble reading. She reads to me, I read to her. Even when I couldn't tell if our sessions were actually helping her, it was obvious that they were a positive experience for both of us.

A few weeks ago, her teacher told me that my tutee had done well on a reading test. Something seems to be clicking for her. Yay!

Every time we've met, we've drawn a picture together on the shirt below. Each day's picture has something to do with the book we've just read, so we can look back and remember them all. The shirt seems pretty full now...time for a new one!



No comments: