Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Some Originals

by TY

“An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them.”
~ Stephen Fry


Most of the time, I share other people's poems for Poetry Friday, but sometimes I share my own. I thought I'd gather a bunch of them together:

9-Step Routine for Writers

A Beanstalk for Eva
A Blessing for Riverbanks
A Blessing for Those Who Cultivate Words
A Miracle of Ink
A Quiet Walk
A Rainy Evening with Turn Signal, by Windshield Wiper
A Star Among Stars
A Tableau
Acceptance
Advice from a Mature Nail Polish
After the Feats of Wonder
Atlantis, a modified tritina
At the Division of Poetic Licensing
At Your Command

Billy's Birthday
Branch Line

Celia Greets Us at the Island
Civilization (a golden shovel)

Dog Walking
donuts

Exhortation to a bee

Fibonacci poems
Five things about the rainbow

GEOGRAPHY

Hunger Incantation

If I Could Write Like Poe
In the Great Book of Winter
Imaginary Billy and I Discuss the Founding Documents

Louis Pasteur

Mozart Sends Concertos to the Horn Player Joseph Leutgeb

No Time for Poetry
Nurse

On the Island of the Fay
O.O.U.
Open-Hearted

Pets in the Kitchen haiku series
Poems with Obsolete Words
Poetry City
President-Poet
Pups at Play

Sloths
Swoonicorns

Ten Things Found in a Mermaid's Pocket
The chill says "morning" (a tanka)
The Comfort Zone of a Snail
The Dog Says
The Fortitude of Eyelashes
The Frog Prince Tries to Catch Her Eye
The Mirror Maker
The Old Ship
The Sea of Frozen Words
The Slobbering Eek Meets the Globbering Zeek
Trust
Things To Do If You're a Violet
Thirteen Ways of Looking at Emma
To Flute From Violin

Visitors from Other Worlds

What Do Icicles Know?
What Vincent Couldn't See
When I Grow Up, I Want To Be A Cat
Why Use a Wheelchair When You Can Walk?
Writing Through Winter

5 comments:

Linda B said...

Tabatha, I don't have time this am to read more, but I loved Poetry City. Since I haven't known you long enough to have seen that poem, it was a wonderful surprise this morning. Delightful the way you included all the main characters! I'll return tonight!

Linda B said...

I didn't make it last night-so much going on, but wanted to say how much I also like Eyesight. My granddaughter and I look for faces & at three, she is beginning to 'get it'. Thanks, Tabatha.

Tabatha said...

Thank you, Linda :-) Sounds like your granddaughter is a fun person to imagine with.

Pop said...


Wonderful selection of poetry, Tab.

There were excellent poems there for everyone in a wide variety of styles.

I can tell you took "Poetry City" to heart. :-)

M Pax said...

It was nice to read some of your poetry. Beautiful words and feelings.