Friday, July 1, 2022

On Forever

Poetry gives me something to think about and makes me feel happy while I’m writing.
~Josephina Green



For Poetry Friday, a poem (a ghazal!) from the 2019 Rattle Young Poets Anthology:

ON FOREVER
by Josephina Green (age 8)
a ghazal

There is a road that goes on forever.
A road that is sprayed with a hose forever.

There is a girl that will paint her toes forever.
She’ll smell its odor with her nose forever.

As she takes the camera they make a pose forever.
And her dad gives her a watered rose forever...

read the rest here

**************

More Rattle Young Poet favorites:
Question by Saoirse Stice
The Dress by Elinor Koning
Thank God for Sheep by Arthur Santos
Oranges by Caroline Blumer

Salt City Verse has the Poetry Friday round-up. Thanks, Janice!

7 comments:

Bridget Magee said...

So much inspiration in these young voices! I, too, shop for "new dotted clothes forever". (Wearing my polka dotted dress as I type these words...).
Thanks for the smile and ghazal today, Tabatha. :)

Linda B said...

Whenever someone questions the wisdom of children, I disagree. They are not listening. Lovely poem from this young poet, Tabatha.

Margaret Simon said...

I've struggled myself to write a ghazal and here is a brilliant one from an 8 year old! Amazing!

Marilyn Garcia said...

This is poem beguiling! What a great piece of work from a young poet. Thanks for sharing.

Carol Labuzzetta said...

You reminded me that I received my copy of the Rattle Young Poets edition just before we moved. I laid it aside. Now, I have to get it out. Thanks for the reminder. I look forward to reading their publications.

Mary Lee said...

WHAT?!?! A ghazal by an EIGHT YEAR-OLD?!?! Wowser. This girl is GOING places!!!

Michelle Kogan said...

What a marvelous collection of poems by these up and coming young poets—Wow,they're inspiring, thanks Tabatha!!!