Monday, March 8, 2021

For a while, maybe longer

Yes, the companionship is amazing. You know, you can get that physical attraction that happens is great, but then there's an awful lot of time and the rest of the day that you have to fill.
~Vince Gill


Ben and I saw Vince Gill perform back when we were first married. Mary Chapin Carpenter opened that concert. So good! For Music Monday, young Vince Gill from 17 or so years before we saw him. Pure Prairie League:



These two songs don't go together. I have no excuse. [Addendum: I did think of an excuse. Ben and I saw Mick Jones perform at about the same time as Vince Gill.] The Clash:


4 comments:

Pop said...

Knew this song when it was fresh off the vinyl presses...good song. Had *no* idea Vince Gill was the lead singer!

A bit more music trivia...I looked up Vince and found he was also in a band called the Notorious Cherry Bombs. :-)

Pop said...

These songs really don't go together (thus two separate comments), but this Clash song is one of their best.

And in keeping with the music trivia theme. Mick Jones was also in these bands: Foreigner, Aztec Camera, and General Public.

Tabatha said...

I had to look it up...I just couldn't believe that the same Mick Jones was in all those bands! Apparently the same Mick Jones was in the Clash, and played with Aztec Camera and General Public, but the one with Foreigner was a different fellow. Still, the Clash's Mick got around quite a bit! He also played with the Gorillaz when they were on tour.

Pop said...

Thanks for straightening me out!