Thursday, August 15, 2019

Travel Posters

Designing posters, for me, is not only a commercial pursuit but also a philosophical endeavor.
~Fang Chen


Elena and I are watching The Durrells in Corfu (nearly done with the third season), so I thought it would be nice to share images of Corfu, but I got side-tracked by these vibrant travel posters. I think they are all from the 1920s and 30s. I don't know the artists for the others, but the last two are by Vittorio Grassi (1878–1958).















3 comments:

Pop said...

These are all great. Such wonderful Art Deco designs!

Especially loved the Yellowstone poster.

Retta said...

Oh, I was going to say the same thing, these posters remind me of Art Deco, which I adore! My favorite was the lovely one from Crimea.

Molly Hogan said...

I love the Ross Gay poem you shared. I've run into his name several times lately and have been meaning to check out his work. Thanks so much for introducing me to this beautiful poem. The Pablo Neruda quote is also fabulous!